Estate Landscape Services
For Fine Properties in Palm Beach
With Coastal Gardens Professionals, you can rest easy knowing that your property is taken care of by a dedicated team of estate landscape professionals who truly care about creating and maintaining a dazzling outdoor space you can be proud of.
Whether you want to entertain friends and neighbors, relax in a peaceful and private oasis, or splash in the pool with your kids, our comprehensive property care services will let you enjoy your property without having to think about the myriad details that go into making it the beautiful environment you love.
Our Estate Gardeners are on your property regularly, inspecting every inch of the grounds for anything that doesn't look perfect.
They're discrete, blending into the surroundings as they go about the work of keeping your property looking its best at all times.
Your Account Manager is dedicated to understanding your priorities and translating that into clear task lists for our Estate Gardeners to follow.
Coastal's Estate Gardening services are much more than just general landscaping. Rather, this is a tailored service in which work is done by hand by our trained gardeners.
Of course, it includes the landscape services you expect, such as:
- Hand pruning
But your Estate Gardening service also includes work that goes well beyond the norm.
- Noticing plants that may be past their prime, have unacceptable aesthetic issues, or have been injured by salt spray - and then quickly replacing them to maintain the lush, full look of your landscaping
- Hand trimming hedges, vines, topiary, and other plants to enhance and sustain the look of neat, clean edges and well-formed shapes
Whatever it takes, you can count on us to keep your property looking perfect
... is earned and never taken for granted
When done correctly, tree pruning can make a huge difference in the overall beauty of your estate.
The ISA Certified Arborists at Coastal Gardens Professionals have an incredible depth of knowledge and are on the cutting edge of how to best work with your trees to preserve their health, enhance their appearance, and minimize safety risks.
Show off a cherished specimen tree, maximize fruit production on citrus trees, or open up a view to the ocean - all of these are possible with professional pruning from Coastal Gardens.
Pruning can be done on whatever schedule best produces the results you want. Our Arborists will recommend the optimal schedule to achieve your desired outcomes but will work within your parameters. Monthly, quarterly, yearly - the choice is yours.
All pruning and trimming work is done to ANSI A300 standards (tree service industry best practices) to maintain the health and integrity of your palms, trees, and shrubs.
Our Estate Gardeners are well versed in hand pruning techniques to enhance the aesthetic appeal of woody plants, including tall hedges and topiary.
- Crown reduction
- Canopy restoration
- Corrective pruning
- Pruning for shape and fullness
- Palm tree maintenance
- Topiary shaping
- Hedge reduction and trimming
- Root pruning & root barriers
- Storm damage pruning
- Large limb removal
- Formative pruning for young trees
- Tree safety
- Code compliance
Types of Tree Pruning
Pruning out dead or dying, broken, diseased or unhealthy, and crossing branches.
CROWN RAISING OR ELEVATING
Removing the lower branches from a tree to provide clearance for buildings, vehicles, and pedestrians, or reducing the spread of a tree to provide additional lateral clearance to buildings.
Reducing the size of a tree (usually by ¼ to ⅓ height and width) by pruning all primary limbs and leaders in the outer canopy back to secondary limbs while maintaining the structural integrity and overall appearance of the tree.
Selectively removing branches to lighten the weight of heavy branches, open the canopy to improve light penetration and air movement, and improve the tree's overall structure while keeping its natural shape.
Trees don't fail in storm events (such as hurricanes) solely because they are too big or too tall; in many cases, they fail because the canopy is not able to dissipate wind energy effectively. Structural pruning deals with this critical issue.
Our crews are trained to recognize structural issues while taking into account the tree's natural tendencies in order to make pruning cuts that will best maximize each tree's unique structure.
For the health, safety, and beauty of your trees
The health of your property's trees, shrubs, lawns, and planting beds is not only managed through regular maintenance. It requires vigilance, attention to detail, and expertise to notice the signs of distress that could signal pest, disease, or nutrient problems.
The Plant Health Care technicians at Coastal Gardens carefully monitor your landscape, trees, and soils for signs of trouble, and implement preventive measures to head off problems before they occur.
The Plant Health Care experts at Coastal Garden Professionals offer services that can do the following:
- Proactively protect your landscape plants and trees from pests or disease
- Actively help solve an existing pest problem or disease
- Solve issues that detract from the enjoyment and appearance of your plants and property, such as fruit production and aphid honeydew
- Provide plants with additional nutrients to help them thrive
A small investment in long-term, proactive plant, shrub, and tree health care treatments can help your landscape plants live longer, healthier lives while protecting people and properties from unsafe situations.
Plant Health Care
For an impeccable landscape that shows off the best features of your property
When you need a trusted team of true experts to install your new landscape, there's no better place to turn in Palm Beach than the horticulturists and installation team at Coastal Gardens Professionals.
We work with the top landscape architects on the island to create stunning landscapes that increase both the curb appeal and value of your property.
Whether you need a single tree planted or a complete property transformation, you can count on Coastal Gardens to bring professionalism and quality workmanship to a whole new level.
About the Installation Process
After finalizing the design with your landscape architect or designer, they will provide us with the necessary plans, such as:
- planting plan
- grading plan
- drainage plan
- irrigation plan
- construction plan
We'll use the plan(s) to complete the construction and/or installation activities that will bring your design to life.
What You Can Expect
During the installation process, we'll be in regular contact with you and/or your landscape architect to consult on any changes, get answers to any questions that may arise, and raise any issues that could affect the project's outcome.
If at any time we need your input or authorization, we will get it from you before we proceed.
We use top-quality plants from our own 1.5-acre nursery located right here in Palm Beach. Whenever possible, we select locally-sourced materials.
On all projects, regardless of size, we emphasize quality workmanship and professionalism.
We'll do whatever it takes to make your new landscape look just the way you want. Some of the activities involved in landscape installation include:
- Identifying trees that will be affected by the work and relocating them or putting in place construction protection before work starts
- Demolishing unwanted structures or removing undesirable plant material
- Grading all or some of the property to level out hills, bumps, valleys, or slopes
- Bringing in topsoil, fill, gravel, or whatever other materials are needed to grade your property, ensure adequate drainage, create planting beds, etc.
- Working with the finest natural stone slabs, boulders, pavers, tiles, etc. to create beautiful and functional hardscaped areas
- Planting trees, palms, shrubs, perennials, annuals, and other landscape plant materials
- Growing specific plant material in our local nursery to ensure you have exactly what you need for your project
- water features
- outdoor kitchens
- art and statuary
- masonry walls
- retaining walls
- mulched areas
- paths and walkways
- planting beds
- privacy screens
- and much more!
Increase the curb appeal and value of your property with a new landscape
... means doing what we say we'll do - every single time
Green, weed-free, manicured lawns are a symbol of distinctive properties throughout West Palm Beach. But keeping lawns looking that way is no small feat.
Whether your turfgrass of choice is St. Augustine grass, Bermuda grass, or zoysia grass, your lawn requires constant care to retain its lush look.
With careful attention to irrigation to avoid browning, regular mowing and trimming to keep more aggressive grasses in bounds, and thoughtful applications of weed and pest control products, your Coastal Estate Gardeners will make your lawn something you can be proud of.
Your Coastal Gardens lawn care experts truly love lawns!
When it comes to lawn care, the bottom line is that your lawn looks its best at all times. We take a proactive, preventive approach to lawn care so we can head off potential problems while minimizing the use of chemicals.
Common services include:
- mowing and edging to maintain a neat, well-trimmed appearance
- fertilizing when needed to maintain optimum turfgrass health (without contributing to toxic runoff problems)
- regularly inspecting for signs of pests or diseases that can damage lawns
- seeding or sodding to repair or replace damaged lawn areas
- sanding and aerating for Bermuda grass and zoysia
- auditing and fine-tuning irrigation systems to eliminate waste, reduce water usage, and ensure adequate coverage of all lawn areas
For a lush green lawn that's the envy of your neighbors
Enhance the beauty of your property with landscape enhancements by Coastal Gardens Professionals. With the creativity, skill, and extensive local knowledge of our landscape designers, the sky’s the limit when it comes to creating beautiful outdoor spaces.
From natural stone hardscaping to seasonal color, refreshing outdoor living spaces to palm tree replacement, your Coastal Account Manager will ensure that your property always looks perfect.
Plant selection, delivery, and installation for seasonal color and replacement of 'expired' plants
- Refresh your property with colorful annuals, or with perennials that will return every season. With a wide range of vibrant, colorful flowering plants to choose from in our Palm Beach nursery, there's always something that will fit your taste, outdoor living spaces, and the architecture of your home.
- Whether a plant has outgrown its space in your landscape, sustained damage that affects its appearance, or simply looks spent and past its prime, your Coastal team will quickly replace it with fresh plants to keep your landscape looking perfect.
- All plants are chosen to thrive in your landscape by taking into consideration sun exposure, wind, salt spray, irrigation, soil conditions, and more.
- It takes more than just plants to create a luxurious outdoor environment. Whether it's creating a resort-like space around your swimming pool or an elegant focal point at the entrance to your property, even a small upgrade to existing hardscaping can make all the difference.
- Outdoor grilling stations, dining spaces, cocktail areas, and covered seating to shade you from the Florida sun.